The holidays are over, Christmas has come and gone, and for many of us this means our budget and our belts are a little tighter than they were in November. After all the excess of the Festive Season, the thought of spending hours in the kitchen in the Summer heat is not one we relish. Don’t worry, we have the perfect recipe that is flavourful, colourful, light and easy to prepare.
This recipe makes one large salad main or two side salads and is easy to double up or triple up as necessary.
Summer Berry Salad
Makes: 1 large salad / Prep Time: 10 mins / Cook Time: 0 mins / Total Time: 10 mins
- 1 packet mixed leaves lettuce (the more variety, the better)
- 1 granny smith apple cut into thin slices
- 1 nectarine cut into thin slices
- 1 cup of fresh mixed berries (or thawed frozen berries)
- some crumbled Roquefort cheese to taste
- 1 handful cashew nuts
- Gather the ingredients as above, making sure to cut the nectarine and apple into thin slices
- Arrange the salad on an attractive plate
- Sprinkle on a bit of your favourite dressing
- Pour yourself a glass of chilled Chardonnay
- Sit down and enjoy
We would love to see your creations, so please take some pictures and post them to facebook, twitter or instagram and hashtag #baytreebakes